Teeth are one of the most important organs inside the human body, so we should spare no expense on appropriate dental healthcare, emphasizing the importance of preventing tooth sensitivity.
Dentin is the name that receives the inner part of the teeth. It is one of the most delicate parts and it usually tends to be found under the dental enamel and the gums, but due to enamel waste or gum recession, it can be exposed and cause tooth hypersensitivity.
That’s why tooth sensitivity is one of the most common afflictions that affects the health of the dental pieces, causing major problems when these are in direct contact with cold food or drinks, causing discomfort or even pain when chewing.
- 1 6 Tips to prevent tooth sensitivity
- 1.1 1. Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day
- 1.2 2. Use toothpaste with Potassium Nitrate to have a professional dental cleaning
- 1.3 3. Avoid brushing your teeth too energetically
- 1.4 4. Using a toothbrush in good conditions
- 1.5 5. Not eating food or drinks that are too cold or hot
- 1.6 6. Not having acid foods or drinks frequently
- 2 Are you searching for a product that will help you to avoid tooth sensitivity?
6 Tips to prevent tooth sensitivity
1. Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day
Even though we should brush our teeth after every meal, when this habit turns obsessive, it can cause tooth sensitivity.
One of the best ways to prevent tooth sensitivity is by not overusing the toothbrush.
2. Use toothpaste with Potassium Nitrate to have a professional dental cleaning
When it comes to preventing tooth sensitivity and dental wear caused by the whitening component normally used in dental cleanings, it is recommended to brush your teeth with a toothpaste containing Potassium Nitrate two weeks before the treatment.
3. Avoid brushing your teeth too energetically
Having clean teeth should not be associated with the necessity of using cleaning dental methods that can cause the wearing of dental pieces, wasting enamel and exposing teeth to dental sensitivity.
To prevent tooth sensitivity, it is recommended to brush your teeth in small circles so there is no wearing of the enamel.
It is also recommended to use dental floss to get rid of the rests of food that are difficult to clean only with your toothbrush.
4. Using a toothbrush in good conditions
If you want to know how to prevent tooth sensitivity, the toothbrush is a key element to get a good dental cleaning and to not damage the enamel or leave the dentin exposed.
To make a soft brushing easier, it is recommended to use a toothbrush in good conditions and with extra soft filaments.
5. Not eating food or drinks that are too cold or hot
Another way of preventing tooth sensitivity is by not consuming in excessive way foods or drinks that are too hot or cold, since they can increase the risk of wearing of dental enamel.
6. Not having acid foods or drinks frequently
If you consume food or drinks that are too acid frequently, they can also be responsible for tooth sensitivity.
This way, when it comes to preventing tooth sensitivity, we can recommend you not abusing these types of food or drinks and substitute them with others that are not so aggressive for the gums or the rest of your mouth.
However, if you have further doubts about how to prevent tooth sensitivity, consult your dentist, who will give you more advice and medical indications about dental care.
Are you searching for a product that will help you to avoid tooth sensitivity?
If you want to prevent tooth sensitivity, in Zalax we have the perfect toothpaste for you. Enter our web page and discover all the benefits of Zalax Sensitive Teeth.